Re: Balsa 2.2.0 end user impressions

Am 20.07.2004 17:01 schrieb(en) Peter Bloomfield:
On 07/19/2004 07:53:31 AM, joacher gmx de wrote:

*snip*

Spelling: Why is "ispell" the default, while it even isn't installed on my machine? Hey, configuration wizard, why didn't you see and resolve that? Unluckily Aspell-de didn't work for me with balsa, so I finally installed ispell(-de), too.

Probably because it was pretty much universal--I didn't know any distros had dropped it--on FC2, it's apparently a compatibility script provided by the aspell rpm.

A gnome-app should be able to use gtk-spell I think. This task could and should be combined with a "--disable-spell" flag, if there will be done anything.

A little bit annoying is that balsa redraws the whole screen for any tiny change I apply in preferences window. Change SMTP port -> apply -> redraw whole screen. In case this is technically necessary, the redraw process needs some speedup to reduce its annoyance.

Agreed--that can and should be avoided!

The reason behind this is that all settings are applied at "Ok" or "Apply" and changes aren't tracked, so it's absolutely necessary with the current prefs-system.
Using gconf would avoid this and offer even more advantages.

bye,

Darko