Re : Re : "clickable url" needs several clics ...

Le 11.01.2004 14:51, Peter Bloomfield a écrit :
> On 01/11/2004 04:58:35 AM, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Well, I think that, when the url is highlighted, it should get the focus.
>> And I click it when highlighted.
>
> But how do you select the text of the URL, say for copying?  You press the
> button, move the pointer, and release the button.  Balsa has to know that
> you're selecting text, not activating the URL.  Right now, it regards *any*
> movement between pressing and releasing as implying selection, not
> activation.  We could easily put in a small tolerance of a few pixels, as
> Eric suggested--and even add it as a user preference, if it was deemed
> important/aggravating enough.

I move the mouse over the link which is in blue (the colour I have selected
in the preferences). When I'm over the link, it switches to red colour and
the url is displayed in the status bar. At this moment, I click the url.
The problem is to define "this moment" and to be sure I've not moved the
mouse one pixel away... I cannot guarantee thet. What I'm sure is that the
url is still highlighted while I click.

> One alternative would be to use character locations instead of pointer (x,
> y) coordinates: activate if the pointer is over the same character (=offset
> into a GtkTextView).  Of course, then you can never select just a single
> character... ;-)

Ermmm yes, it is a problem .....
But it the case of an url, mostly (I think) what we do is selecting / copying
it for further use in the browser or press the mouse button to call the
browser...
Isnt it possible to have a different behaviour on an url and on normal text?
As the url is highligtted, the triggered event could be different?
--
				- Jean-Luc

> Peter

PGP signature