Re: Re : "clickable url" needs several clics ...

On 01/11/2004 04:58:35 AM, Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well, I think that, when the url is highlighted, it should get
> the focus.
> And I click it when highlighted.

But how do you select the text of the URL, say for copying?  You
press the button, move the pointer, and release the button.
Balsa has to know that you're selecting text, not activating the
URL.  Right now, it regards *any* movement between pressing and
releasing as implying selection, not activation.  We could easily
put in a small tolerance of a few pixels, as Eric suggested--and
even add it as a user preference, if it was deemed important/
aggravating enough.

One alternative would be to use character locations instead of
pointer (x,y) coordinates: activate if the pointer is over the
same character (=offset into a GtkTextView).  Of course, then you
can never select just a single character... ;-)