Re: Re : Re : Stalled when gpg is updating the thrusted database

Am 2004.02.26 20:37 schrieb(en) Albrecht Dreß:
> Am 26.02.04 13:52 schrieb(en) Jean-Luc Coulon (f5ibh):
>> If the trussted database is triggered "outside" balsa, I get the
>> message "GnuPG is rebuilding the trust database and is currently
>> unavailable." and everything goes fine.
>
> That's the only thing I could check here, by manually creating the lock
> file...

I've seen all this as well when using the debian-keyring. When I disabled
it in my ~/-gnupg/options (
#keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.gpg
#keyring /usr/share/keyrings/debian-keyring.pgp
)

the stalling went away (that was half a year ago or so...)
I think that the deb-keyring is simply to huge to check it in a small
time. Albrecht, what if you simply d/l the keyring from the deb-servers
and tries it yourself? - Just checked it, together they are about 4 Megs.
The package is located at

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/d/debian-keyring/debian-keyring_2004.02.11_all.deb

(the whole package is 6285kB) but the key-files alone should be on the
deb-site es well (somewhere ;).

Perhaps that helps a bit with debugging :) I hope your connection is a bit
wider than my 56k ;)

cu
/Steffen

--
 /"\
 \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |  "The best way to predict

PGP signature