Re: Balsa hangs when turning off SSL for IMAP

On 08/23/2004 12:14:56 PM, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
[ snip ]
The only weird thing that remains is that as soon as I click "update" after enabling SSL, my IMAP folder tree (which i had expanded manually up to 3 levels deep) collapses.

Disabling SSL expands the folder tree back to the way it was.

It's like Balsa remembers state based on the properties of
the IMAP server, and if you change one of those properties,
balsa thinks it's a different server and loses state.

That's about right. Balsa remembers which mailboxes were exposed (or open) by saving an url, and the url is "imap://..." or "imaps://...", depending on whether you're connected using SSL.

It also saves the target mailbox for a filter that way, and the most recently used lists for fcc and message-move--they all become inaccessible if they're set up using SSL and you switch to TLS.

We're exploring ways to ease that situation!

Best,