balsa-2.2.2 released - some issues . .

Hi people,

I have been using 2.0.17 since it was released (on RH9) and have tried the newer versions as they have been released with varying amounts of success. I just tried 2.2.2 and have one main problem and a couple of other questions:

Problem:

I keep getting an error on retrieving mail from my pop account (2.0.17 works obviously). I can telnet to port 110, login and list mail etc as normal but when I use:

# /var/qmail/bin/qmail-popup pricom.com.au /usr/local/bin/checkpassword pwd
+OK <21376 1092246857 pricom com au>
user phil
+OK
pass xxxxxxxx
-ERR unable to write pipe

- this was not working when I was using 2.0.17 (I realise now) but didn't seem to cause a problem with that version - is 2.0.17 bypassing qmail-popup or something?

Questions:

- 2.2.2 seems a lot slower to start up?

- lots of mailboxes that were previously unhighlighted (no unread mail) are now highlighted and some of the mails have no subjects - is 2.2.2 not handling the mails the same way as 2.0.17?

v2.2.2 looks like an improvement with some nice things so I would like to use it if I can.

Thanks,

Phil.
--
Philip Rhoades

Pricom Pty Limited  (ACN 003 252 275  ABN 91 003 252 275)
GPO Box 3411
Sydney NSW	2001
Australia
Mobile:  +61:0411-185-652