default charset

Hi all,

is there a way to specify the default charset for balsa? Is this a
system-wide(ie gnome-wide) setting or something? I just want to use
UTF8 for all my email, but balsa always reads and writes the English
ISO format, having me explicitly select a language on send if the
characters can't be encoded with the ISO format. Furthermore, saving a
message with non-ISO characters, then loading it will replace these
characters with '??'s because balsa assumes they are ISO chars.

Is there any reason UTF should _not_ be the default?

Is this a local issue? I'm surprised it hasn't come up, as I had
gathered that we're quite the multinational user group.

Cheers,
	Kacper

PGP signature