Re: Outgoing mailing list support in balsa?

On 09/23/03 09:22:06, William W. Austin wrote:
[snip]
> I manage a soccer team and normally send out mail to a couple of
> small
> mailing lists the larger of which has about 50 email addresses on it.
[snip]
> However although I have set up an address book entry for this
group
> of
> addresses, there appears to be a limitation on the length of the
> combined addresses in the to "To:" line, and that chops off the
> addresses after about 200 characters.
>
> Is the above a hard limitation, or is there a workaround which I have
> missed?  (I have looked through the code and haven't found where this
> is
> set if it is actually a hard limit.)

Not quite an answer to your question, since I'm not even using the
address book here, but perhaps you should be using a listserv to send
out your mails? It's a bit more secure, since none of the members will
see each others addresses unless they post a reply, and quite a bit
more practical. Barring that I suggest you take use of the Bcc: and Cc:
field to get around the limitation you're encountering.

Please shoot me if I'm talking out of my bum.
-Kacper