Outgoing mailing list support in balsa?

Apologies in advance if this is in the archives or the faq - I have gone
through the archives searching (last year's worth anyway) and haven't
found anything on this.

I am trying to use balsa 2.0.14 on a RedHat 9 machine (not the machine
from which I am sending this at the moment - I'm working elsewhere
today).

I manage a soccer team and normally send out mail to a couple of small
mailing lists the larger of which has about 50 email addresses on it.

With the other mailer I have used for this purpose (ishmail), I was able
to set up an alias and handle it that way without a problem just using
my ${HOME}/.mailrc file.

However although I have set up an address book entry for this group of
addresses, there appears to be a limitation on the length of the
combined addresses in the to "To:" line, and that chops off the
addresses after about 200 characters.

Is the above a hard limitation, or is there a workaround which I have
missed?  (I have looked through the code and haven't found where this is
set if it is actually a hard limit.)

Thanks in advance,

--
William W. Austin                          waustin@speakeasy.net