Re: First-time druid running again; filters lost

Carlos Morgado wrote:

> On Tue, 07 Oct 2003 12:26:28, Francisco Ortiz Santini wrote:
>

>> my .balsa profile and the filters are there. So the question is: a)
>> what  caused this behavior in the first place; b) should I edit my
>> .balsa profile
>

> bad (no) locking of .gnome/balsa. It's pretty much a design problem
> and a  gnome bug simultaneously. My guess is you closed both windows
> at the same  time :\
> This is one good argument to move the config stuff to gconf.
>
>> somehow so to recover my filters or simply delete them; and c) should
>> I  leave the .balsa profile as it is and recreate the filters using
>> the  filters utility?
>

> At this point, it's pretty much lost :\ If you exit the druid in the
> first  page it doesn't overwrite anything, if you go all the way it
> overwrites any  existing file with a fresh config.

But if he still has the filters somewhere in another file, he could just
perhaps put that in the new .balsa file, at least this will enable all
the filters, then he would just have to rebind them to each mailbox (I
don't think it is doable to do that by messing around in the config file).
Bye
Manu