New User - sentbox and IMAP

I'm a new balsa user, but not a gnome user, and am trying to configure
balsa for use with IMAP.

Previously I've been using Postilion from my Linux desktop and mutt
from everywhere else, both configured to use IMAP.

While Postilion has a few shortcomings, its IMAP support is very good.

Almost everything in balsa works fine as well, and I'm quite pleased ..
There are a few things I'd like (but can live without), so I think I've
switched mailers !

But one thing I do find hard to live with is two "sent" mailboxes, a
local sentmail and an IMAP folder on the mail server.

I've dutifully scoured the archives, and it seems as if balsa supports
storing copies of outgoing mail on an IMAP server, but it's not working
for me.

When I select the existing mailbox on the IMAP server, right-click and
select Mark as Sentbox, I get a seg fault.

When I restart, the IMAP folder has the stylized "S" which I take as an
indication that it's now the sent mailbox.  However, sent mail
continues to be stored in the local mailbox, forcing me to do something
manual (i.e., move all the day's outgoing messages from here to there )
before quitting for the day.

Am I missing something ?

System is Redhat 9, window manager is WindowMaker .. not sure what else
is relevant ...

Thanks in adance.

Alan

P.S.  Can one change the background colour of balsa from the glaring
WHITE to anything less .. aggressive ?