Re: Re: Re: Balsa and pgp !?

Am 22.11.03 23:36 schrieb(en) Pawel Salek:
> Also, when I actually try to run it I get not very informative messages:
>
> "** Message: init gpgme version 0.4.3
>
> ** ERROR **: Invalid engine for OpenPGP
> aborting...

The first message comes from initialising the gpgme library using the
function gpgme_check_version(). Calling this function quite early in any
app using gpgme is mandatory according to the manual. Writing it's output
to stdout could be omitted, though.

The second message comes from calling gpgme_engine_check_version() which
tries to detect if the gpg app is present and meets the version
requirement of gpgme (note that there are more engines, in particular
gpgsm for s/mime, which can be used by gpgme). In this call failes for
OpenPGP, your setup seems to be somewhat screwed up, and I must admit that
I never saw it before... IMHO, that gpg is present and usable should of
course be checked for when gpgme is built.

> a). the message must be more informative.
> b). it should give the program chance to continue: balsa can as well
> proceed if OpenPGP engine (whatever it is) is misconfigured/accidently
> removed etc.

This has actually been my fault as I never saw it fail... I'll replace the
abort by a dialog and simply disable all crypto stuff in balsa in this
case. Please expect a new patch soon (again on bugzilla).

Cheers, Albrecht.

 Albrecht Dreß  -  Johanna-Kirchner-Straße 13  -  D-53123 Bonn (Germany)
       Phone (+49) 228 6199571  -  mailto:albrecht.dress@arcor.de

PGP signature