Re: Betreff: some devel-questions

Am 2003.05.01 14:40 schrieb(en) mt@abe-si.de:
   > Hi
   >   > GConf is easy to use, especially on single variables or strings.
   > The question is, it is a good idea to port balsa to GConf?
   >   > (If I understand GConf correct, then GConf provide a diff between
   > local settings, system-settings and user-definde-setting. If I
   > work on two PCs, so every PC can have other fonts (this is
system-deps)
   > but my email-account is the same (user-settings) - so, if we use
   > GConf with balsa, we should split conf-data in this parts.)

I can't really follow you here...
Sure you have to arrange all the keys in a senseful way in different
folders (directories) under /apps/balsa but what do you mean with split?

It's enough if there are

/apps/balsa/UserData
/apps/balsa/View
/apps/balsa/Mailboxes
/apps/balsa/Mails (for things like forwarding and such...)

with perhaps other dirs there...
 From what I've learned in [1] you are able to make every key only
readable and to distribute every key with another plugin (and that way to
have network-wide unchangeable presets)

[1] http://www.gnome.org/learn/admin-guide/2.0/

Just my 0,0000002 ct :-)

cu
/Steffen

--
  /"\
  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |  "The best way to predict

PGP signature