Re: some devel-questions

Am 2003.05.01 14:01 schrieb(en) Darko Obradovic:
> Am 01.05.2003 13:50 schrieb(en) Darko Obradovic:
>> Got it. Of course it's possible, but hopefully GConf provides some nice
>> abstractions for it, like a linked list. using a pure hash is extremely
>> comfortable and easy, but if you have to take care of the folders
>> yourself, it will be harder than the current file. I really should
>> start reading stuff/docs before assuming and talking... :)
>
> and it does indeed!
> -> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gconf/x42.html
> as I see, you can't have lists of lists, which is not good for your
> identity-example, but one should be able to get around that. looks cool

No, I don't want lists with lists...
If you have a look in gconf-editor (or ~/.gconf/ ) you see lots of
directories, and I just thought of one directory per identity.
Each dir than has many keys (Strings, Booleans and Integers) for all the
Settings you can set for an identity)

/apps/balsa/UserData/Identities

has lets say 3 directories in it, named Identity1 to Identity3
Each IdentityX dir consists of e.g. the keys

name (string)
full_name (string)
mail_adress (string)
reply_to (string)
[...]
signature_seperator (boolean)
gpg_sign (boolean)

That's it...
no lists, no trouble :-)
And when starting balsa you just have to scan the gconf-dir /apps/balsa/
UserData/Identities for Identity1 to x in a simple loop...

> to me. Maybe I should start GTK-programming sometimes...

AOL!! :-)

cu
/Steffen

--
  /"\
  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |  "The best way to predict

PGP signature