Re: Printing of HTML emails still impossible.

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003 08:59:54, Brian Stafford wrote:

> Use the HTML parser in libxml2 to build the DOM tree, and implement
> something that prints a very limited subset of the markup in the tree, say
> handling only headings, paragraphs and bold, italic and underline.
> Essentially this would give a result slightly enhanced over plain text. I
> doubt that it's even necessary to handle images.  Since we don't need to
> print spam and genuine HTML mails have mostly useful text, I'm guessing
> that this will suffice for the majority of messages.

I wouldn't be 100% happy with that since pretty much the only html mails I
get and care for have proper cid: img refs.

Mind, you'd have to do at least a full html3 implementation as the no 1
'proper' use of html email is tables.

(quickly catching up on a lot of email)