Re: Printing of HTML emails still impossible.
- From: Albrecht Dreß <albrecht dress arcor de>
- To: Brian Stafford <brian stafford uklinux net>
- Cc: Peter Bloomfield <PeterBloomfield bellsouth net>,balsa-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Printing of HTML emails still impossible.
- Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:57:46 +0200
Am 25.06.03 09:59 schrieb(en) Brian Stafford:
> Use the HTML parser in libxml2 to build the DOM tree, and implement
> something that prints a very limited subset of the markup in the tree,
> say handling only headings, paragraphs and bold, italic and underline.
> Essentially this would give a result slightly enhanced over plain text.
**That** sounds like a really good compromise!!
> I doubt that it's even necessary to handle images. Since we don't need
> to print spam and genuine HTML mails have mostly useful text, I'm
> guessing that this will suffice for the majority of messages.
Remember that there is still the option to open a HTML part in mozilla (or
whatever your browser is set to), if someone *really* wants to print those
buy-viagra-your-life-could-be-a-hollywood-movie-messages with green text
and pink background...
Albrecht Dreß - Johanna-Kirchner-Straße 13 - D-53123 Bonn (Germany)
Phone (+49) 228 6199571 - mailto:email@example.com
] [Thread Prev