Re: spamoracle

Hi,

Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at> wrote :

> Spamoracle is a really great tool to autodetect spam.
>
> It is a learning spam mechanism, you can tell spamoracle if an email is
> spam or if it is a good email.
>
> So I thought about the following:
>
> It would be great to have a spamoracle support in balsa, because balsa
> is email client which just has filters for different folders, but no
> really good mechanism for spam.

Use procmail to filter your incoming mail with an "anti" spam tool and use
option "Filter messages through procmail" (Mailbox configurator) for Balsa.

At home, I use bogofilter (bayesian antispam filter) and SpamAssassin (rules
based antispam tool) to filter spam and it's work very well.

Example of my .procmailrc :

:0fw: bogofilter.lock
* < 256000
| bogofilter -u -e -p

:0:

:0fw: spamassassin.lock
* < 256000
| spamassassin

# Mails with a score of 15 or higher are almost certainly spam (with 0.05%
# false positives according to rules/STATISTICS.txt). Let's put them in a
# different mbox. (This one is optional.)
:0:

# All mail tagged as spam (eg. with a score higher than the set threshold)
# is moved to "probably-spam".
:0:

:0:
$MAILDIR/inbox