Aw: Help files?
- From: albrecht dress arcor de
- To: balsa-list gnome org, mattias andersson5 telia com
- Subject: Aw: Help files?
- Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2003 10:37:48 +0200 (CEST)
> Maybe I am the only Mac PPC Linux user trying to get Balsa 1.4.4 working?
Not really, but I moved to balsa 2 after I got a G4 Silver... Not an option for you!
> Or is it possible to start Balsa without "connection" to the Help files?
Maybe you can just "fake" the help file so balsa/gnome is happy... Try to do the following (I assume you use bash):
* run "strace balsa 2> strace.log" and see balsa crash... strace basically collects all system calls, including open();
* run "grep -i open.*help" strace.log", and you should see something like
open("/opt/gnome/share/gnome/help/balsa/C/topic.dat", O_RDONLY) = 14
(this is an a SuSE 7.2 box, so the path will be different...) You could also look at the complete log (BIG) to see where it actually crashes.
* now (as root) create the directory above, cd to that dir, and say "touch topic.dat" to create the (empty) file. BTW, be sure that the dir and topic.dat are world-readable...
If balsa still crashes, it might be necessary to add a single line like "index.html Help" to topic.dat and touch index.html.
> And as you understand Evolution was too heavy for my 120 MHz, 32 MB RAM
] [Thread Prev