Re: RFC: show/hide deleted messages

Le 2003.01.09 13:29, Peter Bloomfield a écrit :
> I propose the following changes in the way Balsa handles the showing
> and hiding of deleted messages.
>
> 1. The default for a new user should be 'Hide deleted messages'.
> 2. If deleted messages are shown:
>    a. When the current message is deleted, Balsa displays the
>       head of a collapsed (sub)thread, the displayed message is
>       the first child, and the thread is expanded far enough to
>       reveal the child;
>    b. When the current message is undeleted, it continues to be
>       displayed;
>    c. The `Next Message' and `Previous Message' menu items and
>       toolbar buttons skip over deleted messages.

Seems OK for me. In the same vein, what to do if the user changes the
flag of a deleted message? Do we change the flag or ignore? Indeed the
deleted but unread messages are not counted in the unread messages
count, so perhaps should we ignore all actions (but undelete) for
deleted messages?
I plan to correct a minor problem where you can have a negative number
of unread messages.
Bye
Manu