Re: unable to use GnomeCard as address book

Am 2003.12.26 19:16 schrieb(en) Russell L. Harris:

> When composing a message, I have not figured out how to display
> addresses using the "Address Book" dialogue box in Balsa.  The "Search
> for Name" data entry box appears to do nothing.
>
> I have installed GnomeCard, and have entered addresses into GnomeCard.
> The "Run GnomeCard" button in the Balsa "Address Book" dialogue box
> opens GnomeCard.  The "Re-Import" button appears to do nothing.
>
> GnomeCard and GnomeCard.gcrd are in the ~/.gnome directory.
> Regrettably, the "Select path for VCARD address book" dialogue screen
> does not display hidden directories (is this not a bug?), so the path
> must be entered manually.
>
> When entering GnomeCard in the "Balsa Preferences" dialogue box, the
> "OK" and "Apply" buttons remain dimmed-out.

R you sure the path is correct?

Try the <tab>-completion (just move to your home-dir, wirte ".gnome",
press <tab> go to .gnome (you will see it now!)the again type GnomeC<tab>
and you will see all you address-books

If all this is correct vou will see you contacts in File->AddressBook - if
they aren't there something else must be wrong...

cu
/Steffen

--
 /"\
 \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    |  "The best way to predict