Re: Some thoughts on the new message parts UI (long!)

On 08/22/2003, Albrecht Dreß wrote:
[ snip ]
> IMHO adding tabs for each attachment (== mime part?) is NOT a
> good idea as messages tend to be increasingly complicated.

I have to agree--the tree is the simplest way to show
hierarchical structure.  (But why can't I collapse parts of it? I
agree it should start out fully expanded, but for a complicated
message, I might want to collapse parts to avoid vertical
scrolling.)

>> Then tabs on the rigth side should be the best solution (or
>> better: a config-option for right, left, top or bottom tabs ;)
>
> Right-side might be nice if we could rotate the label strings.
> I'm not sure if pango can do that; maybe we had to render it
> into a pixmap. Hmmm... But *please* do not add a config option
> for label positioning! That dialog is crowded already.

Let's wait for Gtk+ support of this...

> Just my ¤ 0.01...

Likewise!