Fwd: [MK OT] Re: Balsa 2.0.13 hanging on start up

Sent it to the wrong mailing list.

Cannot we have an automatic reply-to defaulting to the list address?

From: "Tony Sequeira" <tony@sequeira.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 13:12:19 +0100 (BST)
Subject: [MK OT] Re: Balsa 2.0.13 hanging on start up
To: mk-ot@mailman.lug.org.uk

On Mon, 4 Aug 2003 14:01:35 +0200, Pawel Salek wrote

> On 2003.08.04 13:52, Tony Sequeira wrote:
> >>  This looks like typical "-lc before -lpthread" problem to me,

[...]

> Make sure you relink balsa after modifying the *.la file. You may
also

I recompiled from scratch.

> want to check other *.la libraries balsa links agains. Balsa will
hang
> as long as -lc is before -lpthread is on the ldd output.

Aha, I did not check.  Is there not another way?  I am reluctant to
play with system files.  I am not an expert, but isn't libc vital to
most programs, and will hacking .la files have a knock on effect on
other modules?  As this is a fresh built system, there is still a lot I
wish to install on it, and I would hate to have problems later.

Thanks for your reply, I'll have a go and report.

--
Tony