Re: Balsa questions, feature requests, and a couple of bugs

On 2002.10.20 19:31 Christopher Culver wrote:
[ encoding requests snipped ]
> And I have some questions here:
>
> * How do I disable showing messages as threads? When I have
> ~250 messages back and forth with a person, showing it as a
> thread instead of a straightforward listing is something of an
> eyesore.

`View -> Flat index' for changing the current display, or
`Settings -> Preferences -> Display -> Threading -> Flat' for a
permanent change.

> * Will the maintainers be moving to automatic updating of
> mailboxes instead of having to close a mailbox and reopen after
> trashing or moving messages?

`Mailbox -> Commit' Current probably does what you're looking
for. There have been other requests for automatic `commit'ing,
say every x minutes, but I don't know whether it's scheduled for
implementation.

> Finally, I'm observing the following bugs here on my Gentoo
> Linux system. I know I should go to bugzilla.gnome.org, but it
> intimidates me.
>
> * Ctrl-S does not save a message in the Compose window, one has
> to go up to the "Save" button at the top.

It seems that's not a bug--there's no key combo for `File ->
Save'--perhaps there should be!

> * Let's say that you write a message in the body of the Compose
> window. Then, you go to put a subject. However, you mistakenly
> put the subject in the Cc: field instead of the Subject: field.
> If you highlight the content of the Cc: menu, you can't copy
> the text within. If you try to use Ctrl-C, the highlighting
> disappears as soon as you tap Ctrl. The Cc: field won't accept
> focus for doing anything with the text within.

Yes, those address-entry fields have their own quirky
conventions--completion from an address book seemed worth the
price. You can always copy highlighted text with the center mouse
button, of course...

> Anyway, Balsa's a great program, I'm pretty happy with it so
> far.

Glad you like it--help us make it better!