Re: Balsa 2 crash

Hello again,

  I have just got it to work. It was an old libXft library that got
loaded. I compared ldd output from your binary to mine, that made it
obvious.

However, there are some serious usability issues that IMHO must be
addressed:

Gtkhtml renders fonts really tiny. It's unreadable. It doesn't respond
to control panel settings.

Changing identities produces warnings and takes forever and a day.

Mouse wheel scroll now works in html parts, but the partlist at the
bottom now lacks this.

Imap scan depth > 1 causes the tree structure of the imap server to be
lost.

When expanding folders, all message counts vanish from the tree.

The text input widget in the compose window can be made to freeze with
random cursor movements and line deletions. Also, attempting to delete
characters beyond the end of the message causes problems. I know, it's
a gtk thing, but I'm reporting it anyway. I lost this message once
because of that, this is the rewrite.

The width of the tree columns are not properly saved on shutdown or not
properly restored on startup. Adjusting the width of the "Totals"
column is cumbersome and counterintuitive. Making it smaller requires a
drag without visual feedback.

The initial toolbar is so long that Balsa starts up more than 1024
pixels wide. Fix: when a new config is created, default the "Wrap text"
option to "on".

Feature request: remember expanded mailbox nodes between sessions.

Regards,

Melanie