Re: ANNOUNCE: balsa-2.0.3 released.

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 03:32:28PM -0500, Peter Bloomfield wrote:
> On 2002.10.29 02:24 Steffen Klemer wrote:
> >Am 2002.10.29 01:18 schrieb(en) Pawel Salek:
> >>Hello,
> >>
> >>Balsa team would like to officially announce balsa-2.0.3
> >>release, a
> >>GNOME2 port of balsa. Recent fixes include serious rewrite to
> >>remove deprecated. Balsa should now follow closer the Human
> >>Interface Guidelines.
> >>

> >In which ways?
> >For example the preferences window has sometimes 2 lines of
> >tabs...
>
> In appearance--no more frames, better alignment, more consistent
> spacing, etc. Yes, Balsa is too configurable to have a simple
> prefs window. Are nested notebooks disfavored? I thought I'd seen
> some guidelines, but now I can't find them...

(Unidle after 3 months of silence on the list.  Yes, I will build
debian packages again soon, when I have updated my dev machine to
gnome 2)

Yes.  Nested notebooks are UI hell. There is a good website about
this, but I can't recall it just now.

Considered preferable, I believe, is the mozilla/gnome-cc design with
a treelist pane on the left.

Jules