Re: Balsa crash causes old mail to reappear

On 2002.03.08 16:20 Olaf Frączyk wrote:
> On 2002.03.08 15:51:56 +0100 Pawel Salek wrote:
>>
>> Strangely, my balsa takes usually 10-12MB. There is an option called
>> Properties/misc/Close unused mailboxes.
> Is it more dependent on how big mailboxes are, or how many messages
> they have?
> Anyway, what balsa loads into memory?
> If it loaded all mailbox content, it would be much bigger in memory.
> I opened 97 MB file, and balsa has 9 MB in memory (500 messages), but
> if I open 35MB file with 7000 messages, balsa eats 41 MB.

The memory occupation is roughly proportional to message count and with
GtkClist there is no way to change this. Well, there is hardly way to
change this with traditional mbox format (without using extra
hint/index files).

(there is a "problem" with current implementation of IMAP caching that
loads entire messages into memory but I guess you are not affected by
this).

-pawel