Balsa crash causes old mail to reappear

Hello.
I am new to the Balsa mailing list, but I will get straight to my bug/question:

I usually leave Balsa running all day (out of habit, and because nobody uses this computer other than myself). I usually receive about 40 email messages a day or so, and most of it gets deleted after it is read (replies to mailing lists, server log updates, etc.). Anyways... every so often, Balsa will crash, and I will simply re-open balsa... to find about 300 messages in my email box that were days old, even though I had deleted them already. Also, all of the email I have sent out gets reverted back to the outbox, so when I send a new message, the old messages that were already sent get sent out AGAIN. I am guessing that either balsa is having problems locking/unlocking my mail files (spool, sentbox, outbox, trash, etc.), or that balsa only moves/deletes mail from the mail folders when you close the program itself (therefore, if it crashes, nothing happens to the mail that you have deleted or moved).
Has anyone seen this problem and/or know of a way to fix it?

...For now, I close Balsa every day or so to keep me from having to re-read and delete 300 messages :P

Oh, and in case they are needed, I am using Balsa v1.2.4 on Red Hat Linux v7.2 (kernel 2.4.9-13).

Thanks,
Wesley Haines
Network Administrator, WRPN Internet Services