Suggestion Re: Balsa crash causes old mail to reappear

suggestion/request:
how about "commit automatically every X minutes"
for people like me, who leave balsa on in the background all day (and
would rather not have the boxes automatically close after X minutes).

also, when deleting a mail, would it be wise/possible to have balsa
return control to the user immediately after (for example) deleting a
message? some of my mailboxes are huge and it takes quite a while after
pressing D for balsa to "stop thinking".

i think it was eudora where i saw there was a "task window" at the
bottom of the screen where all activity was listed, but control of the
app was never "paused" while a task was going on. it would just report
success or failure in the task window. i like that.

[ snip ]

> Balsa keeps the MailBoxes open until you explicit close it, because
> the speed is much better if you handle the box in memory then on the
> disk.
>
> There are 2 possibilities to solve your problem:
>
> 1) Mailbox->"Commit all" to say balsa it should save this state or
> 2) Prefereces->Misc->Delete immediately

You can also use Settings->preferences->Misc to auto-close unused
mailboxes, which includes committing changes.