Re: Balsa: Indirect linking to OpenSSL via LGPL and OpenLDAP libs

On 2002.12.19 19:45 Andrew Lau wrote:
[ snip ]
> 	Well if Balsa 2 was written from a clean code base, then
> in my opinion, those listed as the authors for it should be
> sufficient. Would you like me to seek a further clarification
> of the above? I'm not sure who is legally considered a
> "copyright holder" of Balsa, but I guess it would include the
> main contributers.
>
> Yours sincerely,
> Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau

For better or worse, Balsa 2 is a port of Balsa 1.x.x, not a
complete rewrite; there are those who feel that it was a bad
decision--they know they're always welcome to contribute
something more radical!

IMHO, it's enough to get explicit consent from the listed authors
of Balsa 2, and air the question on the list, as you have.
Anyone who contributed code to earlier versions, and might
conceivably have an objection, is bound to have become aware of
the issue.