Re: Balsa: Indirect linking to OpenSSL via LGPL and OpenLDAP libs

Am 2002.12.19 11:14 schrieb(en) Carlos Morgado:

> On 2002.12.19 09:20:50 +0000 Andrew Lau wrote:
>> Dear Peter,
>> 	So how should I go about trying to convince Balsa to add an
>> OpenSSL exclusion clause to its license? Doing so would not weaken any
>> protections that Balsa already has under the normal GPL. Would the
>> consent of the versions 2.0 authors (from file): Emmanuel Allaud,
>> Carlos Morgado, Pawel Salek and yourself (Peter Bloomfield) be enough?
>>

> I don't think there's a lot of convincing to do, I for one don't opose it
> nor i think Pawel does (but he's otherwise busy so we haven't heard much
> from him). Peter doesn't seem to mind, Emmanuel ?
> Am I missing someone who feels strongly against it and has copyright
> over balsa
> code ?
>
> I still want to get OK from Stuart Parmenter, the original balsa
> developer.
> I'm sure he has no problems with it but it doesn't hurt to ask :)

No, I don't think that this will be 'nough.
It should also be no problem to send the mail to all listet in the Authors
file and wait for a negative response, if no one disagrees it'll be ok.
That is a "reasonable effort" I think of. Everybody contributed code under
the terms of the GPL, so nobody can assume that everybody will also agree
to the exception.

cu
/Steffen

--
  /"\
  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign    | Human Knowledge