Re: Better mailing list interface?

On 2002.08.30 08:20 Emmanuel wrote:
> Le 30.08.2002 07:56, Toralf Lund a écrit :
>> I was just looking through all my "mailing list" mailboxes (where
>> messages are stored via MDA filters), in order to recall what
>> exactly I'm subscribed to, possibly upgrade subscriptions, delete
>> som eold stuff etc., and was just thinking:
>>
>> 1) Wouldn't it be nice to have some kind of GUI based on headers
>> like List-Help, List-(un)subscribe and List-Archive? I'm thinking in
>> terms of Message/Popup menu entries "Unsubscribe from List",
>> "Display Help", "Search Archives" etc. that would simply call the
>> URL handler with the http: address from the appropriate header, or
>> open a send-message window based on mailto: entry.
>
> This sounds good to me.

To me, too. Perhaps the `Reply to group' entry on the context menu
should become a `List...' submenu, with options that are sensitized
according to which actions are feasible. The HIG (
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/draft_hig/ ) suggests that
popup menus not have submenus, but we already have a couple, and we
might as well be hanged for a sheep...