Re: Better mailing list interface?

Le 30.08.2002 07:56, Toralf Lund a écrit :
> I was just looking through all my "mailing list" mailboxes (where
> messages are stored via MDA filters), in order to recall what exactly
> I'm subscribed to, possibly upgrade subscriptions, delete som eold stuff
> etc., and was just thinking:
>
> 1) Wouldn't it be nice to have some kind of GUI based on headers like
> List-Help, List-(un)subscribe and List-Archive? I'm thinking in terms of
> Message/Popup menu entries "Unsubscribe from List", "Display Help",
> http: address from the appropriate header, or open a send-message window
> based on mailto: entry.

This sounds good to me.

> 2) Some kind of assistance for cleaning up this kind of mailboxes would
> also be nice. E.g. I typically want to delete most messages older than a
> few months, but keep all the threads I've been involved in. That process
> could definitely be automated.

Yes you can now with filters : but you can only tell Balsa to trash
messages that are between 2 dates, you can't tell it (for now) to keep the
message if it is part of a thread. The notion if thread itself is not
understood by the filters (in fact it depends on the type of threading
you've chosen). But perhaps this can be done.