Better mailing list interface?

I was just looking through all my "mailing list" mailboxes (where messages
are stored via MDA filters), in order to recall what exactly I'm
subscribed to, possibly upgrade subscriptions, delete som eold stuff etc.,
and was just thinking:

1) Wouldn't it be nice to have some kind of GUI based on headers like
List-Help, List-(un)subscribe and List-Archive? I'm thinking in terms of
Message/Popup menu entries "Unsubscribe from List", "Display Help",
http: address from the appropriate header, or open a send-message window
based on mailto: entry.

2) Some kind of assistance for cleaning up this kind of mailboxes would
also be nice. E.g. I typically want to delete most messages older than a
few months, but keep all the threads I've been involved in. That process
could definitely be automated.

Comments? Perhaps these issues has been discussed before? (I haven't
followed the list posts very closely lately, I must admit.)

--
- Toralf