Re: Filtering

> OK, I tried this - this is what I'd actually set up.  Unfortunately, this
> leads to duplicate mails.  What happens is this - the mail is collected from
> the POP servers into the Inbox.  Then the filter is applied when delivery has
> completed to move messages to the destination mailbox.  I have balsa
> configured to mark messages as deleted when I select the delete option, and I
> subsequently commit the mailbox to clean up.  If anything causes the filters
> to be applied a subsequent time before I commit the mail I get duplicated
> messages, however the duplicates have lost the deleted flag, so its not easy
> to clean up the destination mailbox (Balsa duplicated 240 messages during
> filtering this morning, aargh...).

Please could you elaborate a bit about "anything causes the filters to be applied a subsequent time"?

> Since I do not use procmail and do not wish to use it or any external filter
> program (you will know from previous messages that I detest anything
> programmed in modem noise) this is a bit of a problem for me.
> It seems to me that the smart thing is to be able to place the filter between
> collection from the POP server and before delivery to a mailbox.  I think this
> should be in addition to filtering between mailboxes.

In fact the code does that : pop3 box is checked, the retrieved messages are put in a temp mailbox, then filters are applied on this temp mailbox and the remaining messages are put in the Inbox. So I don't see how it is possible to have duplicated messages since only the temp mailbox is actually filtered. That seems really weird to me!?!
Bye
Manu