Re: RFC 2646 format=flowed

On 2001.09.25 07:08 Toralf Lund wrote:

[snip]

>It disappoints me a bit that the RFC fails to address some issues
>related to flowed texts, like paragraph indentation. Comments?
>
>- Toralf

   I feel the same way. The RFC addresses only reflowing of paragraphs,
with or without quoting. There seems to be a consensus, not necessarily
shared by you, me, or the author of the RFC, that more complicated
markup should be left to html.
   Reflowing does preserve leading whitespace on a paragraph, even
without an intervening blank line, so you can indent by hand if that's
your style--that seems to be the most that the RFC offers.