Re: RFC 2646 format=flowed

>On 2001.09.27 12:12 Peter Bloomfield wrote:
>>Since, like it or not, the rest of the world seems to be moving that
>>way: would it be heresy to think about an html mail composer for Balsa?
>
>My personal opinion is that html mail composer is ok as long as it
>defaults to plain text (i.e. most of the messages are sent as plain text,
>unless message requires some extra special capabilities and there are
>some hints that the recipent can read such a message). I would rather see
>html mail as an exception than a rule.

Agreed. Actually, I think NS Messenger does this just about right. It will
send anything without special formatting as text/plain. If the message
does contain HTML code, you can choose via config settings and/or a
question popup to send it as HTML, plain text - with some of the
formatting preserved (that's what I really like about it), or both. You
can also mark in the address book
receivers that "prefer HTML mails"; messages to these will be sent as HTML
(but only if they actually contain HTML tags, I think) regardless of the
other settings.

--
- Toralf