Re: Fwd: [ANNOUNCE] : Filters patch against 1.2.0 [e allaud wanadoo fr]

On 2001.09.24 09:38 Brian Stafford wrote:
> I agree with Melanie here - except for the procmail bit.  Procmail is
> a horrible program and it should not be used if it can be avoided.

That's a somewhat sweeping statement. You pointed out later in your note
that procmail's recipe language is "modem noise", and I'll agree that it's
rather arcane. It's also not compatible with the IMAP view of the world,
too. Do those consititute your objections, or are there other reasons to
avoid it?

> For filtering within balsa why not go with the standard and use Sieve?
> Its described in RFC 3028 and it is a proposed standard.  An
implementation
> of sieve is available in the Cyrus project.  It is used by the Cyrus imap
> server.

<further discussion of sieve delted for brevity, but noted>

Okay - I'd like to look at sieve. Where can it be found for download,
besides as part of Cyrux. For that matter, is Cyrux available for download?

Raven
Raven (not the OTHER Raven, THAT Raven! :-)
<dmstowell@ameritech.net>

And if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price