Re: This is WAY off topic, but...

On 2001.09.18 02:16 Brian Stafford wrote:

> My personal feeling is that routing mail internally via SMTP on a small
local
> network is more bother than its worth.  I'd set up an IMAP server on the
publicly
> accessible host, have the MTA deliver to that and point the UAs at the
IMAP
> server.  The UAs can always save the message locally if necessary.  The
IMAP
> server need not be configured for the public IP address - just the
> private one.

I find that your suggestion of using IMAP for the exposed host makes a lot
of sense for this application. So I don't bug the list too much with this
question (actually, the two people that came to mind to answer this did ;)
), what web sites, books, or other resources exist to help me build an IMAP
server to receive mail and something to do the reverse going back out?
Incidentally, the outside world need never have access to my outbound
server, if that helps clarify the issue.

Raven
Raven (not the OTHER Raven, THAT Raven! :-)
<dmstowell@ameritech.net>

And if love remains
Though everything is lost
We will pay the price