Re: Build question

On 2001.09.06 19:11:35 +0200 Emmanuel wrote:
> I would like to know hen is automake invoked during the configure/build
> process. In fact, my filters patches add several files to compile, so I
> patch the Makefile.am concerned. But now, if someone downloads the vanilla
> source tree, patch them with my patches, what must he do to generate the
> according Makefiles ?
> The following works :
> download source tree,
> patch it,
> automake,
> ./configure...
>
> without the automake step it doesn't work (because in fact Makefile.in are
> in the vanilla source tree, and the configure script does not generate them
> from Makefile.am).
> But with that method I allways have an error message during automake :
>
> configure.in: 45: required file `./ltconfig' not found
>
> So where is the problem?

oki,

well first of all you need to make sure you installed autoconf,
automake, gettext, libtool (your ltconfig problem) the libtool
package is required to create dynamic libraries and stuff.

the best way is to download stuff with 'CVS' and instead doing
an automake you better run the

./autogen.sh

script inside the balsa tree. youd better do this with all your
CVS downloads.

hope i was helpfull. if you still getting problems with e.g. missing
macros and configure script wasnt build at all because of missing stuff
then its usually because you have your macros installed in different
paths in this case

1) move all /usr/local/share/aclocal/* files to /usr/share/aclocal
2) then delete /usr/local/share/aclocal
3) and do a link ln -ls /usr/share/aclocal /usr/local/share/aclocal

if you use distributions then always make sure you also install all
dev (development) packages.

--
Name....: Ali Akcaagac
E-Mail..: mailto:ali.akcaagac@stud.fh-wilhelmshaven.de