Re: MDN reception

On Mon,  3 September 20:49 christophe barbe wrote:
> I've missed something or balsa handle MDN response as normal mail ?
>
> I don't know how others mail user agent handle Message Disposition
> Notification but I imagine they simply add a symbol to the sent mail to
> indicate 'haas been displayed' without bothering the user with a mail.
> Perhaps I wrong.
> Then I can't find how to set up my balsa to not ask for MDN.

That would be nice but I've not seen a UA that does it to date.

An MDN contains a machine readable part which contains the same information
as the natural language message most MUAs show the user.  The information
in the machine readable part should allow the UA to associate an MDN with the
message for which it was requested.  This can be used by the application to
flag messages and present the delivery report in the user's own locale and
language.  But as I said, I haven't seen a UA do this - it would be excellent
if balsa did!

Brian