Re: problems with text/html MIME parts

Hi all,
    sometimes i got the same problem displaying html parts...
I investigated on this with "ps" and i got those results:
run balsa, click on a html part/attachment, the gtkhtml
module/library loads "oafd" and tries to load "gconfd-1"
failing...
This happens only if gconfd-1 (the gconf daemon) isn't
already running, in fact if you launch a program that uses
gconf (such as galeon), before running balsa, then the
freeze disappears...
Also if you start X with "exec gnome-session" gconfd-1
is loaded and balsa runs fine without freezing...

To reproduce this you have to follow 4 simple steps:

START)

STEP-1)exit X, login in a terminal, backup your .xinitrc
         with this command:

         mv ~/.xinitrc ~/.xinitrc.old

STEP-2)start X using a windowmanager such as windowmaker,
         blackbox, sawfish, icewm or whatever. replace
         WMANAGER with the windowmanager of your choice:

         echo "exec WMANAGER" >~/.xinitrc

         now "startx", run balsa and try to open a html part,
         balsa should freeze. open a terminal (rxvt, xterm)
         and run "ps ax" and you should see that "oafd" is
         running but "gconfd-1" isn't.

         kill balsa: "killall -9 balsa"
         kill oafd:  "killall -9 oafd"

         exit X

STEP-3)start X using gnome-session:

         echo "exec gnome-session" >~/.xinitrc

         now "startx", run balsa and try to open a html part,
         balsa should display the html code correctly. open a
         terminal (rxvt, xterm) and run "ps ax" and you should
         see that both "oafd" and "gconfd-1" are running.

         exit balsa
         exit X

STEP-4)restore your .xinitrc (see STEP 1)

         mv ~/.xinitrc.old ~/.xinitrc

END)

I think that there is a problem initializing the gtkhtml
module/library, maybe something has changed and we are
not aware of the changes...
Someone who knows well gtkhtml would definitely help...

Cheers,
    Riccardo
--
|        riccardo persichetti        |