subscribing to one more IMAP subfolder

I created a new procmail rule on the server I access with IMAP.
I am probably missing something but I was not able to subscribe to
the new subfolder that was created by procmail...

There's the menu item in balsa to _create_ a new IMAP subfolder, but
that had no effect (and anyway, since the subfolder already existed on
the server it probably got a failure, it certainly isn't appropriate
in this case).

I had to start another mail client to subscribe, after which balsa
when restarted showed the new subfolder too.

How was I supposed to have done this using balsa alone?

Thanks. Willem Riede.