Re: subscribing to one more IMAP subfolder

On 2001.10.22 20:29 Willem Riede wrote:
> I created a new procmail rule on the server I access with IMAP.
> I am probably missing something but I was not able to subscribe to
> the new subfolder that was created by procmail...
>
> There's the menu item in balsa to _create_ a new IMAP subfolder, but
> that had no effect (and anyway, since the subfolder already existed on
> the server it probably got a failure, it certainly isn't appropriate
> in this case).
>
> I had to start another mail client to subscribe, after which balsa
> when restarted showed the new subfolder too.
>
> How was I supposed to have done this using balsa alone?
>
> Thanks. Willem Riede.

To see the new subfolder, if it was initially not subscribed, you'd
have to:
- uncheck the `subscribed folders only' box on the folder properties
dialog (Settings->Preferences->Mail Servers->Modify, or right-click on
the root of the imap tree), and
- update the folder set.
- You should then see all folders, and
- you can then `subscribe' the new one with the context (right-click on
the folder) menu.
- Then recheck `subscribed folders only' and you should be in business.

I guess `subscribe' should be on the main `Mailbox' menu too...

HTH,