Re: POP3 Audit

On 2001.10.06 09:10 Carlos Morgado wrote:

[snip]

> my standing hunch is read is getting interrupted by a stray signal
> raised
> by  another thread.

which would mean...what? Zero byte count returned, which might be
interpreted as an error? What's the proper way for code to handle this?

>> I also have the *impression*, not backed up by serious observation,
>> that if Balsa fails in this way, and I restart it immediately, it
>> starts successfully, which suggests to me that something outside
>> Balsa is involved--some condition that gets cleared by the fail.
>> However, I may be fooling myself there...
>>
> like dns cache ?

Yes, you're right, that could well be it.

>> One last clue: a while ago, before some upgrade (and there've been
>> so many!), I used to get a console message `program received
>> real-time signal 32' when this type of failure happened; now there's
>> nothing.
>>
> upgrade ? glibc ? glib ?

Iirc (and I may not) it was before I upgraded from RH6.2 to RH7.1.
Since that upgrade didn't go well, just about anything could have been
upgraded at the same time!