Re: Bug in POP3 code

Em Sex, 05 Out 2001 23:37:52 Ali Akcaagac escreveu:

> now that i reviewed this part closer .... theres another issue happened
> when using pthreads support and connecting to the mailbox it often happens
> that whenever balsa tries to access the pop3 server of my isp it just
> corrupts something. when i try to telnet <myisppop3> 110 i can enter my
> name and my password then i get 'maildrop blah... deny' and i need to wait
> for some mins to be able to access it again.

could it be:
1) balsa breaks, blows up
2) stupid pop server doesn't notice the other side isn't there and sits
on it's hands till connection time out (when it will prolly get some nice
errors of it's own)
3) server only allows 1 connection per user - doesn't let you login till
timeout

all in all that doesn't mean much even if it's the riget hipotesis, it only
indicates balsa dies after establishing a tcp connection authing

How do you hack?

[ Very carefully. ]
				--Phrack48