Some proposals or the 1.3 cycle

Hi @ all,

I want to make some ui-proposals for the upcoming 1.3 cycle!

* first of all is an insert signature button in the compose window (like in
outlook express)

perhaps it could popup a list with the names of all identities and if you
click on one the sig would be inserted at the cursor position...

* than: the (a long time ago) proposed button: [please remember me to
insert an attachment before the mail got sent]

* a small thing: in the preferences option the pop-server-list: perhaps a
double click could open the edit-menu?

* the question wether you would like to send a mdn: the buttons have the
wrong order:

I think normal is yes on the left side (but perhaps I'm wrong...)

* perhaps the compose window could show the subject of the composing mail
as the windwo-name (to the wm), know what I mean?

* a short time ago somebody asked 'bout a new design of the mailbox tree:

Inbox(4)       356
Sentbox        567
Balsa_list(45) 1127

The numbers in brackets is the number of unread mails

-> I would vote for that!

* perhaps a backend that you can use the evolution adressbook?
* the customice window should look a little bit more like the galeon one
(because a think it looks a litle bit clearer and because of the "same look
and feel"- yes we could ask the galeon people to change their window but I
like the galeon one mor... :-)
* perhaps a button/ a textpane in the identities window were you can see/
edit the signature (not everybody want to open texteditor only to change
the mobile number in their sig-> or perhaps a button edit which opens the
gnome-edit (editor of your choice...) with the sig inside...
* once again: GnuPG support (I really need it)
* a preference for all Mailboxes were you can set a default Reply-To addi
(for mailing lists and that alike)
* a preference for all Mailboxes were you can set a default identity
(perhaps taht is even better than the one above ;-)
* (in the main window) a new row: marked mail? (like new? and atachment?)
and the order of the rows should be editable

OK: that's all a need to be satisfied and happy till the end of my life!

And: Thanks to all authors and contributors of balsa!

It's the greates mail proggi on the planet!

And: don't understand me wrong: I would code all program that myself if
only I could it... :-(

See all that as proposals and a base for discussions!

!!!!!And: GnuPG support is the most import thing in this
dev-cycle!!!!!!!!!!

cu
/Steffen

--
"Sie werden niemals ihr Unvermögen sanktionieren können!
              NIE! Denn das ist immanent."