Re: Building balsa on Tru64 UNIX (without pspell)

On Tue, Nov 27, 2001 at 09:05:46AM +0000, Brian Stafford wrote:

[libesmtp woes]
I agree that this is offtopic here, so EOT.
I hope you got my private mail with the patches.

> > Why build and install libesmtp when I will use "localhost:smtp" what is
> > mostly the same like "./configure --without-esmtp"?
> These are totally different things. Really.
Not from the users point of view. The mail gets (hopefully) delivered
when he klicks on the "Send" button. That is all the user want to know.
(Interface) Its unimportend how it gets delivered from the end users
perspective.
Obviously, the methods that are used may be totally different and the
use of libesmtp may have some advantages. (Implementation)
I have seen that issue from the end user perspective, so I ignored
the different implementation methods.
That was the thought I wanted to express.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen