Re: RFC mailbox interface

On 11.22.2001 03:29 M . Thielker wrote:
snip
OK.

>> How about a second global function that return a list of acceptable
>> mailbox types?  Possibly a static array whose indexes could be used
>> when creating a new server.
>
> Well, I had more or less that in mind when I wrote that other
> message, the one that got accused of describing Evo.
>
> I think it should not be a simple list, though. I would like to have
> a dlopen() based mechanism to load backend support modules. That
> would require a slightly different configuration API.

I was thinking about having balsa interface to the lib through a
factory system.  Balsa would link against one lib which it would query
about and use to create supported mailbox servers.  Balsa would neither
know nor care whether those servers were implemented in one lib or
several.
--
K. Haley <halykd@yahoo.com>