Re: vfolder

On 2001.11.15 07:53 Ali Akcaagac wrote:
> hi,
>
> question, i remember someone mentioned something about
> VFOLDER implemention in balsa. i remember seeing this
> in evolution some months back. i played around with it
> and dont see any point of usability or better. i dont
> exactly know what advantages this may give for the
> enduser.

We were talking of possible things for Balsa future. What I call virtual
folder is a "thing" you set up to be filled in by messages coming from one
or more mailboxes meeting certain criteria. It's a bit like a fake
mailbox. Then when you browse it, you can double-clik on each message and
you are moved to the mailbox this messages belongs to. I imagine that the
virtual folders contain something like "symlinks to actual messages". That
way you have one fake mailbox with all messages you're interested in and
you have a way to go quickly to the actual messages.
To be honest I don't use Evolution, so I used the same term just because I
heard it, but without knowing exactly to what it refers to :)
I hope it clairifies what we understood by "virtual folders" in our
discussion.
Comments ?

Bye
Manu