Re: relocation error

On Wed, 14 November 19:01 johan wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 November 2001 18:23, Brian Stafford wrote:
> > On Wed, 14 November 17:11 johan wrote:
> > > After Installing balso 0.12.6, I receive the follwing error.
> > > /usr/local/bin/balsa: relocation error: /usr/local/bin/balsa: undefined
> > > symbol: smtp_starttls_set_password_cb
> > >
> > > Aybody know how to fix this ?
> >
> > Make sure libesmtp is up to date (0.8.7).
> >
> > Brian Stafford
> Brian,
>
> Thanks for your answer, but i think libesmtp 0.8.7 is installed : I installed
> 0.8.7 it with the advised
> ./configure --enable-require-all-recipients   :
> I configured balsa with ./configure    without any options. The installation
> itself didnot show any errors :
>

> /usr/local/bin/libesmtp-config --version
> 0.8.7
> [root@spiderke SOURCES]# /usr/local/bin/libesmtp-config --libs
> -L/usr/local/lib -lesmtp -lssl -lcrypto -lpthread -lltdl -ldl
> [root@spiderke SOURCES]# /usr/local/bin/libesmtp-config --lib-version
> 5:7:0
>
> So , i still have the same error.
> Thx a lot,
> Johan Boeckx

Hmmm....  the bit I don't understand here is that part of libESMTP's design is
that regardless of how the library is configured it will always present the
*same* API.  Those corresponding to the unimplemented features will always
fail.  You will need to investigate either why smtp_starttls_set_password_cb()
is not in the library or why balsa can't link against it.

If smtp_starttls_set_password_cb() is not present, that is a bug in libESMTP.
Try running ``nm libesmtp.so | fgrep smtp_starttls_set_password_cb'' and check
the output.  You can replace libesmtp.so with libesmtp.a if you linked
statically.

Brian Stafford